EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul Project Assistant
The Government of Sweden entered into a delegated agreement with the European Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of the Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation Centre for the Cahul region. The National Association of ICT Companies entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020, for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programme 2019 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business, and its investment environment.
- Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector, and educational institutions in the region of Cahul.
- Promote technology, problem-solving, and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys.
- Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors; build their capacity and investment readiness.
The Action is aligned with the Eastern Partnership priorities, the revised Association Agenda, and the objectives of the 2017-2020 Single Support Framework (SSF) for Moldova and Chapter 18 of the European Union – Moldova Association Agreement. It will also support the implementation of the Eastern Partnership’s ‘20 Deliverables for 2020’, as they relate to economic development. The proposed activities will support the implementation of the priorities identified in the European Joint Development Cooperation Strategy (Joint Programming Document) and the National Strategy for enhancing IT industry competitiveness ‘Digital Moldova 2020’.
Under the programmatic approach, the Action will contribute to the regional development of Cahul, in agreement with the Government of Moldova’s strategies for regional growth and well-being. The initiative will involve the major regional stakeholders and a general memorandum of understanding will be negotiated to seek the commitment of the governmental authorities.
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant
The project assistant will support the EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul project team in organizing and carrying out the administrative, logistical, planning, monitoring, and evaluation activities of the project that contribute to the implementation of the project in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor(s).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates and maintains files, records, and record-keeping systems of project documents;
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, e-mail, and packages);
- Develops and revises project documents (e.g. minutes, contracts, letters, etc.);
- Provides logistical support for the organization and conduct of workshops, training, and events according to the incentives provided by supervisors;
- Prepares the necessary documentation in the procurement process;
- Make purchases in accordance with the project plan and budget, assist the implementation team in the procurement processes;
- Makes translations of documents. Provides linguistic assistance (translation/interpretation) when necessary;
- Supplying the offices with the necessary for the activity;
- Manages electronic documents/paper media (photocopying and scanning);
- Maintains the agenda of the meeting, organizing logistical arrangements for meetings.
- Payment documents
- Procurement cases
- Signed contracts
- Minutes of meetings
- Direct deliverables of the project
- Other required documentation
Interested candidates shall submit a CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Submission deadline: April 19, 2023.